On Thursday May 16, 2019 the Jamaica Money Market Brokers Group Ltd (JMMBGL) made an announcement that they would be helping to fund the Alignvest Takeover of Sagicor Group in the Caribbean.
On Friday May 17th, 2019, we (Stephen Wildes & Marc Gayle) had this discussion on the transaction.
Some of the points we discussed were
- Our initial reactions to the deal and what we understood it to mean
- Our thoughts on the sector
- How will this impact competition
- Players impacted – NCBFG/GHL, Sagicor, PanJam, Canopy(GK/Musson), and are there any connections?
- Why did JMMB do this/and why did Alignvest choose JMMB?
- How did JMMB even get to do a deal like this?
Please listen and give us your feedback. Thanks