Barita Investments Ltd (BIL) recently reported their March 2020 (Q2) results. Here are the highlights.
This is just a summary, but for more charts, ratios and other details visit BIL’s page here
Year To Date (2020Q2)
- Net Interest Income of $540.08m. Increasing by 110.63% or 283.66m YTD YoY.
Massive growth. Apart from 2019 Q2 (with 22% growth), they have been growing Net Interest Income over 50% YoY each quarter (See
Net Interest Income (YoY Change) Chart)
- Net Fee and Commission Income of $760.40m. Increasing by 83.67% or 346.41m YTD YoY.
Total Non-interest income (not only fees, includes Securities trading (the big one) and Fx Trading) was 76.2% of revenues, reflecting reduced reliance on Interest Income
- Administration & General Expenses of $-518.91m. Increasing by 141.16% or -303.73m YTD YoY.
Admin expenses up 141% due to increased marketing and business development etc.
- Total Operating Expenses totaled $-958.42m. Up by 106.73% or -494.81m YTD YoY.
Significant growth in staff costs (to fuel the growth) +53%. Their expected credit losses are also growing (as expected with the growth in the Balance sheet)
- Income Tax of $-294.08m. Up by 60.38% or -110.71m YTD YoY.
- Net Income (Profit) totaled $1.01b. Increasing by 95.94% or 495.71m YTD YoY.
BIL’s highest 6M Net Profit in its history
- Comprehensive Income was $548.33m. Declining by -41.91% or -395.53m YTD YoY.
Net Interest Income (YTD)
Recent News About Barita Investments Ltd
Jamaica Stock Exchange / Jamaica – Wed May 13, 2020 09:11 am
Caribbean Business Report / Caribbean – Tue May 05, 2020 03:00 pm
Barita Investments Limited (BIL) Unaudited Financial Statements for the Second Quarter Ended March 31, 2020Jamaica Stock Exchange / Jamaica – Tue May 05, 2020 01:28 pm
Recent Discussions About Barita Investments Ltd
Did anybody notice the #BIL results?@Stephen / Thu May 07, 2020 07:54 am
That’s over J$260m. #BIL@Stephen / Mon Apr 06, 2020 08:42 pm
#BIL trigger circuit breaker @$50. Not much in Buy queue@frano / Thu Mar 05, 2020 09:59 am
Other financial stocks that declined today include – #SCIJMD, #SJ, #BIL, #VMIL, #MIL, #AFS, #JSE, #JMMBGL, #QWI, #SGJ@MoneyMax101 / Tue Mar 03, 2020 05:27 pm
@MoneyMax101 / Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:47 pm