Stock market performance report for Friday 15th of January 2021 below.
Jamaica Stock Exchange (JSE)
- EPLY, MAILPAC & FIRSTROCKUSD Lead JSE Advancers
- PAL, TJHUSD & CHL Lead JSE Decliners
- Jamaican Teas Ltd (JAMT) Lead JSE Volumes With 4.1m Shares Traded
MAILPAC has just completed its best week ever. So we thought it good to share some stats about its performance
- The stock is up 30% this week, its best week ever (while the market declined by -0.94%). Their 2nd best week was in July 2020 when it went up 22% in one week.
- The stock has advanced every day this week
- The biggest percentage gain in price this week was today, when it advanced 14.37%. Before that it went up
- 2% Tues,
- 3% Weds
- 5% Thurs, and then,
- BAM 14% on Friday
- The stock has also been going up over time,
- advancing the last 4 weeks straight,
- and up monthly since November
- Nov +10%
- Dec +28%
- Jan +35% (So far)
- The stock has also done better than the market since its IPO late 2019, and this year it is poised to beat the market as well
- 2019 -> Up +109% vs +31% (JSE)
- 2020 -> Up +33% vs -22% (JSE)
- 2021 -> Up +35% (so far) vs -1% (JSE)
- If you invested in MAILPAC 12 months ago, your investment would have grown by 78%, and in little over 1 year it would have almost quadrupled from the $1 it started to almost $4
- Also of note, is that it continues to hit higher and higher intra-day highs, signalling continued strong demand. The demand for the stock has pushed persons to pay more and more for it each day this week, as demand increases.
- Here’s how much more than the previous day’s close price, investors have decided to pay to get in on the action. As much as:
- Mon -> 2.4% (more than Fri)
- Tues -> 5.1% (more than Mon)
- Weds -> 10.0%
- Thu -> 16.1%
- Fri -> 20.2% (more than Thurs or more than 36% more than last Friday’s close)
- More to come. But while you’re here, if you feel strongly about this stock, remember to add it as one of your picks in our stock picking challenge. Our competition for you to, (at the start of the year) pick what you think will be the best performing stocks of the year. https://moneymax101.com/stock-challenge
Top 5 Advancing Stocks (view all advancing stocks here)
- Eppley Ltd (EPLY) shares advanced 25.59% or +4.20 to close at $20.61 with 39,312 shares traded. (Today’s range: $18.50 – $22.05)
- Mailpac Group Ltd (MAILPAC) shares advanced 14.37% or +0.47 to close at $3.74 with 982,100 shares traded. (Today’s range: $3.50 – $3.93)
- First Rock Capital Holdings Ltd USD (FIRSTROCKUSD) shares advanced 11.25% or +0.0090 to close at $0.0890 with 5,000 shares traded.
- Stationery & Office Supplies Ltd (SOS) shares advanced 10.46% or +0.43 to close at $4.54 with 47,002 shares traded. (Today’s range: $4.52 – $4.54)
- Jamaica Money Market Brokers Group Ltd JMMBGL7.25C (JMMBGL7.25C) shares advanced 8.67% or +0.13 to close at $1.63 with 4,445 shares traded.
Top 5 (Intra-Day) Advancing Stocks (Not including the top 5 advancers above)
- Paramount Trading (Jamaica) Ltd (PTL) traded between 4.00% and 15.20% above yesterday’s closing price of $1.25 ( from $1.30 to $1.44) . It closed at $1.30.
- FosRich Company Ltd (FOSRICH) traded between 1.01% and 10.83% above yesterday’s closing price of $3.97 ( from $4.01 to $4.40) . It closed at $4.12.
- Stanley Motta Ltd (SML) traded as high as 8.10% above yesterday’s closing price of $5.06 (between $5.06 and $5.47) . It closed at $5.40.
- Main Event Entertainment Group Ltd (MEEG) traded between 3.33% and 8.00% above yesterday’s closing price of $3.00 ( from $3.10 to $3.24) . It closed at $3.18.
- QWI Investments Ltd (QWI) traded as high as 6.33% above yesterday’s closing price of $0.79 (between $0.79 and $0.84) . It closed at $0.81.