There are a number of persons that have differing views about the new one-rate calling plan by Digicel. One person said on Saturday that his friend would wait until Monday to activate it, as something nuh sound right and the weekend rate is cheaper. Despite the variety of views however, one thing is common – there are doubts as to who will benefit more from this plan – Digicel, LIME, or You.
Doubt no more. Use this nifty tool to see how you will fare by using the Digicel One-rate option vs. the Peak/Off Peak calling option. (In fact I can save you the suspense and tell you, LIME is the biggest winner in all of this.)
The Present Situation
Presently there are two options. Pre-paid users can pay different rates to call during peak hrs (7am-7pm Mon-Fri) or Off peak hrs. However Digicel has introduced a new plan and is now proposing a plan where users can pay one rate to call all networks any time of day. Customers will however have to choose if they want this plan, or remain as is.
What are the implications for switching?
That is the biggest question – and what is the financial impact?! That is where we come in. Use this tool to see if you will save or pay more using the new one-rate plan vs. the peak/off-peak option which currently exists. This tool requires you to enter some information and it will work the magic in assessing
- Whether you will pay more or less using the one-rate plan.
- How much you will gain/lose by switching.
- What % of your calls you should make during peak/off-peak hrs to benefit.
- Where / How Much will you be saving by using the one rate option calling each network.
To use this tool, you will…
1. Enter information about your usage
2. Enter information about what percentage of your calls are to each network
3. View the results – Find out if you will save or pay more by switching.
Download the Comparison tool here and see if you will benefit by switching.
Will you gain or lose by switching? Try it and leave a comment below if you will gain or lose by activating this calling plan.